|07:00 – 08:00||Event General Information & Early Registration Desk||Central Hotel Panama, Casco Viejo|
|08:30||Pick up at Central Hotel Panama to Tucan Club & Golf Resort to Central Hotel Panama|
|09:00 – 10:30||Registration for Copa Tech Ops Golf Tournament (Putt and Chip contest sponsored by COOPESA)||Tucan Country Club & Golf Course|
|10:30||SHOT GUN START|
|15:00||Companion pick up at Central Hotel Panama to Tucan Country Club & Golf Course|
|15:30||Dinner, Awards and Auction (Please RSVP with firstname.lastname@example.org)||Hole 19, Tucan Country Club & Golf Resort|
|19:00 – 19:30||Pick up at Tucan Country Club & Golf Course to Central Hotel Panama|
Local Rules for the 8th Annual Copa Tech Ops Golf Tournament
Tucan Country Club & Golf Resort, Panama
February 16th, 2019
Tournament Format: “Panamanian Style”
The tournament format will be that every player plays their own game and at the end of the tournament the Scoring Committee will subtract every player´s handicap form their respective scores. The net scores are averaged for each team determining their final score.
The handicap of each player must be provided before the start of the Tournament. The maximum handicap recorded is 25.
Panamanian Style is basically a Texas Scramble with a “2 putts max” and “par plus 3 max” rules:
- Each team consists of three golfers. And there will be at least 2 teams per hole
- After each shot, the players in the team will select which of the 3 balls to play
- The other 2 balls should be picked up and placed within 1 club length from the selected ball
- Each team member should have at least four (4) “Hole First Shot” selected as their team shot. This is required to maintain the balance within the teams
- The cart with 2 members of a same team, should do the scoring for the other team
- If at any point the team reaches the hole´s par plus three (3) shots, the team must pick up the balls up, recording the last shot number as their score for that hole. Then they will move on to the next hole (please respect this rule as it will speed up the round)
- The maximum putt per hole is two. If a player misses the first putt, the second putt is considered to be in automatically in (please respect this rule as it will speed up the round)
- No mulligans are permitted in the tournament.
In case of a tie the last 9 holes will be selected to break the tie. If a tie still exists the team with a higher total handicap will be the winner.
The rules rest of the rules are from the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews (updated January 1st 2019) and local rules. They are the following:
They will be marked by white posts and the fence at the right side of holes #3, 6, 7, 11, 12 and 14.
Will be marked with red posts.
Will be marked with yellow posts.
Any gardens and repair areas will be properly marked and is not playable. There will be a drop zone nearby.
Areas where is muddy and/or have puddles will be considered casual water and rule 25-1 will apply. (Rule 25-1 states that you can drop the ball up to two club lengths away from the flag or the closest dry location to the puddle).
Tire marks that have left a deep indentation are considered repair areas and rule 25-1 applies.
If a ball gets stuck in its own divot you are allowed to pick it up, clean it and drop it near the point of the divot away from the flag without penalty.
The yardage markers on the tee box and in the fairway are to the center of Green
When a drop is required it must be done by the rules. Anybody that does not follow it will be penalized a stroke. Please note that according to the new rules you can drop at knee height.
The starting time will be at 9:30 am. The horn will sound at 9:15 am and all groups must tee off.
At the end of the 18 holes, the groups will hand over one card signed by all players and hand it over to the committee. Once is handed over, there will be no changes to it. If the group does not give a card it will not be taken into account for the final tally.