|07:30 – 09:30||Registration for Ahmad Zamany Memorial Charity Golf Tournament
Putting Contest sponsored by Aviation Technical Services
Driving Challenge sponsored by Kid Systeme GMBH
|The Santa Maria Hotel & Golf Resort|
|09:30||Golf Tournament Starts (SHOTGUN)|
|15:30||Awards, Auction & Dinner by Platinum Sponsors
(Please RSVP with firstname.lastname@example.org)
|The Santa Maria Hotel & Golf Resort, Pool Area|
Rules for the Ahmad Zamany Golf Tournament
Santa Maria Hotel & Golf Resort
February 7th, 2019 at 9:30 AM
Tournament Format: “Panamanian Style”
Format: Panama Style Texas Scramble (4-Person Scramble)
- The winner of the tournament will be the team with the lowest final score. The team´s handicap will be determined over a calculation of the handicap of the 4 players.
- Each team consists of four golfers.
- After each shot, the players in the team will select which of the 4 balls to play next.
- The other 3 balls should be picked up and placed within 1 club length from the selected ball. Do this until the ball is holed.
- Each team will have to utilize 4 tee shots from each player. Failure to do so will result in a 5 shot penalty.
- Each team of 4 players will keep their own score.
- maximum score per hole is par + 3. 6 on par 3s, 7 on par 4s and 8 on par 5s
- the maximum putts per hole is two.
- no mulligans are permitted in the tournament.
- In case of a tie, we will use the USGA process of tie breaking. Last 9 holes, last 6 holes, last 3 holes, etc.
- Special holes on the golf course:
- Long drive contests: Hole #s 2, 7, 9, 10, 13, 16, 15
- Straight drive contests: Hole #s 4, 18
- Closest to the pin contests: Hole #s 3, 5, 14, 17
- Putting challenge: This event will be located on the practice putting green
- Driving range challenge: This event will be located on the driving range
- Hole in One: Hole # 17
- Santa Maria local rules:
- for this tournament, players will be allowed to remove their ball from the rocks without penalty. The ball will be placed in the closest area that is surrounded with grass.
- out of bounds is marked with white markers. Penalty areas are marked with red markers.
- please keep golf carts on the cart paths around the tees and greens.
- replace divots in the fairways, ball marks on the greens and rake the bunkers after use.
Have Fun and Play Well!!!!
The rules rest of the rules are from the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews (updated January 1st 2019) and local rules. They are the following:
They will be marked by white posts and the fence at the right side of holes #3, 6, 7, 11, 12 and 14.
Will be marked with red posts.
Will be marked with yellow posts.
Any gardens and repair areas will be properly marked and is not playable. There will be a drop zone nearby.
Areas where is muddy and/or have puddles will be considered casual water and rule 25-1 will apply. (Rule 25-1 states that you can drop the ball up to two club lengths away from the flag or the closest dry location to the puddle).
Tire marks that have left a deep indentation are considered repair areas and rule 25-1 applies.
If a ball gets stuck in its own divot you are allowed to pick it up, clean it and drop it near the point of the divot away from the flag without penalty.
The yardage markers on the tee box and in the fairway are to the center of Green
When a drop is required it must be done by the rules. Anybody that does not follow it will be penalized a stroke. Please note that according to the new rules you can drop at knee height.
The starting time will be at 9:30 am. The horn will sound at 9:15 am and all groups must tee off.
At the end of the 18 holes, the groups will hand over one card signed by all players and hand it over to the committee. Once is handed over, there will be no changes to it. If the group does not give a card it will not be taken into account for the final tally.